Wednesday 24 September 2008

More news from Mark on the Camino

The latest from Mark.......

On the 14th day....rest.

Posted: 22 Sep 2008 10:47 AM CDT

After walking 280 kilometers (170 miles) I decided to take a day off while staying in Burgos. It is one of the largest cities along the Camino. Last night I had dinner with a group of walkers and stayed in a refugio. This morning I checked into a hotel for some privacy and have spent the say resting. This afternoon I have been walking a bit and enjoying the city. I am in an older part of the city and the churches are amazing. It´s funny to think of leaving Minneapolis two weeks ago and now it seems like a long time ago. I have shed about 50% of what I took with me. Other walkers are now coming into the city and I will catch up with some of them for dinner this evening. I plan to leave early in the morning and have my longest day of walking tommorrow, about 40 kilometers. The next ten days are very flat and I will push it up a bit and average about 18 miles a day. I did not feel like taking a day off right now, but am so glad I did. It was needed both mentally and physically. I think I already learned the one thing I needed to learn and actually discovered it on day two. Will wait the trip out and see what else comes my way. There are no words to express my gratitude to my family, friends, colleagues and clients for their patience during my time away.

Mark LeBlanc http://www.SmallBusinessSuccess.com

No comments:

Post a Comment