Wednesday 15 October 2008

My Camino experience - part 1

My friend Mark is back in the States and although I'm sure he's delighted to be home, I guess he'll be missing being out in the air and having all that space to think. Sometimes it's not until you have it that you miss it when it's gone. I know I did and that was only after 4 days.

I haven't seen mark's photos yet but I do hope he sends some and then I'll share them with you.

Until then, I felt it was time to share a little of our story and sites on the Camino...Not sure how far I'll get as there is so much to tell.

We chose to start our walk in Le Puy, a wonderful Medieval town in Central France just south of Clermont Ferrand and the Massive Central. I have driven through this area before but never walked it and after the stunning scenery viewed from the train on the way here I was so looking forward to it.

If you return to the post of October 8th, you'll see a photo of Teresa and I full of anticipation and excitement at 8.30 a.m on the morning on October 3rd 2008.

If you start in Le Puy, you should start at the cathedral, so having sussed it out the night before that's exactly what we did and standing at the doorway looking down into the town gave us a very dramatic starting point and really summed up the vastness and greatness of what we were about to embark on. See what I mean.....



Yes, I know we weren't about to do it all in one go, that must be amazing, but we were staring something we'd both thought about doing for a long time.


Here's Teresa, full of energy and vigor heading up the narrow medieval streets to start the walk at the front of the cathedral so she can glimpse the view again.

The cathedral is stunning and well worth a visit anyhow even if you're not going to do the walk but when there.....

.....and here's Teresa again on the off.


Below is the route we were to take from Le Puy in the top right corner to Aumont-Aubrac at the lower left. We had 4 days.















No comments:

Post a Comment