Wednesday 1 October 2008

Travel Frustrations

Time is ticking away and I'm off to start my bit of the Camino tomorrow. My husband asked me last night if I was excited yet. I am in a little way but until I get the travel situation sorted, I'm a little uneasy .

I booked my trip on Eurostar and then on French Railways the day before the Channel Tunnel fire and since then all rail services through the tunnel have been working to a different time table and one where my train leave over half an hour later than I booked and gets into Paris after all my connecting trains have left.

There is then a knock on effect as I have to be in le Puy en Velay for dinner tomorrow night to start the walk on Friday morning.

Unfortunately Eurostar have been no help at all and I'm preparing to call them again now and see what they can do so fingers crossed. At best, after yesterdays call, I will have to turn up at 6.00a.m. and hope I can on an earlier train and at worst I'll lose a lot of money and perhaps a holiday.

I'm looking on the bright side.

No comments:

Post a Comment