Sunday 12 October 2008

Talking about the Camino and Mark's last blogs

Met up with the East End Girls yesterday for our monthly walk and had about 6 new walkers. It was a great day and a great walk. I will post some new photos tomorrow.

Caught up with my walking buddy Teresa who I've really missed in the last few days, it was good to see her again. We are full of stories about the Camino and talked about the fact that it was mark's last day on the trail.

Here are the last two blog entries which i picked up today.

I´ve got that joy, joy, joy, joy...down in my heart
Posted: 10 Oct 2008 03:29 PM CDT
Friday evening

I arrived in the City of Joy this evening after walking close to twenty miles. There is an excitement in the air that is undescribable. For me, it was a hard day and possibly as hard as the first day. Even though I felt physically and mentally ready, the Camino sent me another lesson. You can still have a tough day. My legs felt heavy and I really did not want this day to end. Go figure. 


I am staying in the largest refugio with 800 beds. It is an amazing complex and almost like a little city in itself. I am washing my clothes, drinking a beer and writing for you. Everywhere people are laughing and celebrating. I continue to meet the most interesting people and today spent some time with a young man from Israel. 

Again, thank you for your posts and emails. They mean a lot. Tommorrow, I will take my time and walk the last six kilometers into Santiago, register for my Compostela, check into a hotel, wait and welcome some of my friends who will come in later in the day. Let the celebration begin!
 

Mark LeBlanc http://www.smallbusinesssuccess.com/

and

Arrival. Now, the real Camino begins
Posted: 11 Oct 2008 10:44 AM CDT
 

I woke up this morning and thought, "This is it." I took my time, gathered my stuff and headed for the door. Pilgrims were everywhere and the enthusiasm was contagious. And, then I saw her. A woman turned to me and let out a scream. She is from Germany and we started on day 1 together. She speaks very little English and we barely communicated. I last saw her on day 3. She looked like a whole new woman. She hugged me and tears were flowing down her cheeks she was so happy. Little reunions like this happen everyday on the Camino. I don´t know her last name and will never see her again. But, this community called the Camino is a special one and for those who began in St. Jean´s in Southern France have a special kinship. 

I arrived this morning around 11 and was spellbound by the Cathedral. I attended the noon Mass and there were 40 priest and four bishops presiding. If you watched the video (What is the Camino?) in an early September entry, you saw this amazing scene with the whole incense ceremony. They don´t do it often and yet today they did it. I was almost right underneath it. It takes eight men to make this happen. If you haven´t watched the video, go back and check it out. 

I checked into a nice hotel and will live in luxury for a night compared to the places we stayed along the way. And yet, it´s just a normal room. The Pilgrims keep trickling in and applying for their Compostela. It is an official document that can only be given when you can prove you have walked so many miles. We get our Pilgrim passport stamped every night and that is our document of proof. 

Will meet up later with the "United Nations of friends," for dinner and a party. Santiago de Compostela is an amazing city and there is a special feeling in the air. Now, that I am here, and done, I am anxious to be on my way and get home. I miss my nieces, nephews, special friends and family very much. To my clients and Achievers....this is the ultimate reset, and my life will never be the same.
 

Mark LeBlanc http://www.smallbusinesssuccess.com/


Mark I'm so looking forward to talking to you and hearing your voice. Well done, you are a star.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I really enjoy your posts they are almost always great reads.

    Tyler-
    http://confidencedynamics.com/

    ReplyDelete